Some useful material from Australia regarding M&V…
The Energy Efficiency Council has best practice guides available for free to help companies improve their energy efficiency.
Best Practice Guide to Energy Performance Contracts
This guide helps businesses through the process of Energy Performance Contracts, including:
- An overview of Energy Performance Contracting
- A tool to determine whether Energy Performance Contracting is the best way for your organisation to improve its energy efficiency
- A step-by-step process for setting your goals, hiring an Energy Service Company, scoping your project and setting up a contract
- A plain English guide to understanding and using:
- The Standard Detailed Facility Study Agreement
- The National Standard Energy Performance Contract
Download the Best Practice Guide to Energy Performance Contracts
Best Practice Guide to Measurement and Verification of Energy Savings
Many factors can influence how much energy a facility uses, such as technology, weather and the number of staff using a site. As a result, working out how much energy an energy efficiency upgrade is saving requires more than just metering. Energy professionals need to use accurate measurement and repeatable methodology, known as a measurement and verification protocol.
This Guide presents a basic framework and methodologies for measurement and verification, to help energy efficiency service providers and customers understand the key issues for determining how successful a project has been.